OCCACC Foundation is committed to help our community by reaching out to those students who have succeeded both inside and outside of the classroom - but may have difficulty attending college without financial assistance. We believe that investing in students who are leaders will result in positive and sustainable communities in the future.
Scholarship Application Requirements
- The applicant has a need for financial aid to continue higher education (proof is needed, see below).
- The applicant must be graduating from a high school in Orange County, Los Angeles County, and other nearby cities in summer of 2021.
- The applicant must possess a current year admission to a community college, college or university by May 2021.
- The applicant has at least one parent who is of Chinese descent.
- The applicant must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (non-weighted) and a SAT score of not less than 1100 (new SAT) or an ACT of 25.
Applicant must submit all information listed below:
- Please fill out and sign the Application for Scholarship online
- Proof of your income and financial need
- Your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- If your family income (not your income) is below $85,000:
- We need your signed family’s complete 1040 tax return (not just the first couple pages) including all schedules ( if any) for the most recent two years.
- We need your IRS form 4506-T signed by the same filing parent(s)(original signature required) authorizes us to check your tax return. Please use this link and print: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf
- A recent photo of the applicant.
- The content can include: brief self-introduction of the applicant, his or her family, interests, work experiences, involvement in community service, goal and aspiration, financial situation, and reasons to apply for this scholarship.
- This autobiography should be limited to: typed double-spaced in English; Times New Roman font; about 500 words.
- Recommendation Letter
- We need ONE recommendation letter, and it must be no more than one page and addressed to the OCCACC Foundation.
- Recommendation letter from friend or relative will not be accepted. The recommendation letter can be provided by: a) High school teacher or advisor, b) Current or past manager or employer, c) Organizational leader.
- This letter needs to have letterhead; with the contact information of the person who makes the recommendation; sealed, and send us directly to the address below by this person.
- Transcript (cumulative)
- SAT or ACT score
Application Rules and Regulations
- OCCACC Foundation will award around ten (10) “OCCACC Scholars” up to four (4) year Scholarships at $5,000 annually. The exact number of scholarship recipients will depend on how many are qualified under the sole discretion of the OCCACCF Board Directors. Any parent’s intervention will disqualify the applicant automatically.
- To ensure receiving four year uninterrupted award each OCCACC Scholar must continue submitting his (her) college grades-minimum of 2.5 average GPA for each school year, 3.0 and above is preferred, continuously from the previous year.
- Checks will be made out annually in the name of the student. The check should only be spent for needs at the school.
- The IRS Form 4506-T must bear the original signature. The IRS Form 4506-T and Recommendation Letter should be submitted by mail only at the address below.
- Every year the selection of OCCACC Scholars and their eligibility to continue receiving scholarship for the subsequent years until graduation are determined and monitored at the sole discretion by the Board of Directors of the OCCACC Foundation.
- Application deadline will be postmarked no later than March 31, 2021.
- There will be a home visit conducted between March 31 to April 20, 2021 for the selected scholarship applicants (will call for scheduling).
- There will be a panel interview scheduled on May 1/2, 2021 for the selected scholarship finalists (will call for scheduling).
- The lucky “OCCACC Scholars” will be announced by mid of May 2021.
All "OCCACC Scholars" must be at the award banquet in person to accept the Scholarship. Scholars who fail to show up at the banquet will be automatically disqualified for the Scholarship. Depending on how COVID-19 is under controlled, the award ceremony may be virtual (will further notify).
78 Bunsen, Irvine, CA 92618
Step 1: Complete the application
OCCACC Foundation is committed to helping our community by reaching out to those students who have succeeded both inside and outside of the classroom- but may not be able to attend college without financial assistance. We believe that investing in students who are leaders will result in positive and sustainable communities in the future.Apply Now
Step 2: Submit documents online
- Your FAFSA
- Parents' two most recent tax returns
- A recent photo
- Autobiography (no more than 500 words)
- Current transcript (cumulative, weighted and/or non-weighted)
- SAT or ACT score
Step 3: Mail Documents
- One recommendation letter (no more than one page), signed and sealed
- Signed IRS form 4506-T (original signature required)
- Mail to: OCCACC Foundation
78 Bunsen, Irvine, CA 92618